And so it begins.....

Next spring I will be launching my first exhibition of art infused poetry in Cornwall. This blog is to advertise and update events and above all keep me on track by recording the highs and lows of this enterprize in my posts.

Official Dates of Exhibitions

'The Old Press Gallery' (St Austell)
PREVIEW EVENING - Friday 22nd March 2013 7pm - 9pm

EXHIBITION STARTS - Saturday 23rd-28th March 2013

'Cornish Studies Library' (Redruth)
EXHIBITION STARTS - Tuesday 2nd-6th April 2013



Monday 16 September 2013

Just a little bit more....







I was leaving this to the last minute but I now can confirm that tomorrow evening I'll be interviewing singer songwriter Jim Causley who has been touring a new collection of songs that incorporate a certain distant relatives poems....



To any lovers of Cornish literature the surname Causley will definitely ignite memories of the multi faceted writer from Launceston, Charles Causley (1917-2003). Highly original and constantly mixing shades of language in his layered poems he entertained with the sharpest of wit and considered observations. Equally, there is magically captured the culture at the heart of Cornwall's communities. But he also had a gift for entering (in glorious 'Brothers Grimm' style) the light and darker sides of folklore and nursery rhymes; playing wonderful games with words in his own way.














So what will I be asking Jim Causley? I'll start with 'just how do you go about putting these poems to music?' I have a little experience with this myself as my husband and fellow band member creates the most fabulous compositions that weave in and out of my words but it is always fascinating to discover other techniques.

After the interview I will be watching Jim's performance which is part of the St Ives Literature Festival's amazing array of live music gigs. The final piece will be posted on Writing South West, (date to be confirmed).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment