And so it begins.....

Next spring I will be launching my first exhibition of art infused poetry in Cornwall. This blog is to advertise and update events and above all keep me on track by recording the highs and lows of this enterprize in my posts.

Official Dates of Exhibitions

'The Old Press Gallery' (St Austell)
PREVIEW EVENING - Friday 22nd March 2013 7pm - 9pm

EXHIBITION STARTS - Saturday 23rd-28th March 2013

'Cornish Studies Library' (Redruth)
EXHIBITION STARTS - Tuesday 2nd-6th April 2013



Monday 28 January 2013

No Songs just Speak.....

 
 
As promised a unique inside look at the audio recording process of the poet - but it was just too early, croaky voice drowning in coffee and not internally either. Yes straight from a seventies sitcom I'd poured half a cup of garage latte down myself, just after parking in the wrong place! In contrast Tom Scott was as calm and professional as ever, and read his poem out in dark ominous tones - then I went in and shattered all allusions of poetic atmos with a Robin Red-Breast poem spouted from the lips of a broadly based Northern Lass. The dialect was a little diluted unlike the coffee as by now I felt a little queasy as well as soggy. Bloomin professional me, never said a word beyond poetry and polite thank yous. In all seriousness it was harder than recording a song, the breathing is oddly irregular but I really, really enjoyed bringing my poems to life and thanks to Tom's patient guidance they felt good to read aloud. It all begins on the 12th February at Trebah Gardens....




No comments:

Post a Comment