And so it begins.....

Next spring I will be launching my first exhibition of art infused poetry in Cornwall. This blog is to advertise and update events and above all keep me on track by recording the highs and lows of this enterprize in my posts.

Official Dates of Exhibitions

'The Old Press Gallery' (St Austell)
PREVIEW EVENING - Friday 22nd March 2013 7pm - 9pm

EXHIBITION STARTS - Saturday 23rd-28th March 2013

'Cornish Studies Library' (Redruth)
EXHIBITION STARTS - Tuesday 2nd-6th April 2013



Monday 28 January 2013

Gallery, Radio and Galant Comrades.....

My visit to the 'Old Press Gallery' on Friday really brought it home to me what it was I was undertaking, it's been along time since I've put on a show and that was roughly four years ago. All I needed was a strong cuppa and a couple of brilliantly talented artists to remind me to remind myself who I was as a creative individual - no rules. So this is the fun bit, paint stroking, canvas slashing and poetry planting, but it is also the business part too. No marketing = no audience, so this is being addressed starting with yesterday evening, whilst being interviewed on St Austell Bay radio by the calm and friendly Shelia V, I introduced my exhibition. Thankfully this added a nice contrast to just talking about song lyrics, harmonies and gigs and Shelia with great enthusiasm has offered to support the exhibition - especially the two weeks prior with a 'shout out' every day. Wonderful - and I must add a thank you to all of the supportive people I'm meeting and becoming friends with, without them it would be a poor do!


Upstairs Gallery 2
Upstairs Gallery 1

 


Upstairs Gallery 3

Upstairs Gallery 4








2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyla - hope your presentation goes well.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you at Trebah and again at your exhibition, the space looks wonderful, I can't wait!!
    Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent ideas for an exhibition. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete